Terms & Conditions
1. All prices are exclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate and are for one hire only which constitutes a period of 1-3 days or Friday – Monday.
2. Hire goods are hired subject to them being available at the time required. The Company will not be liable for any loss suffered by the Hirer as a result of the hire goods being unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control.
3. Ownership of the hire goods and packaging remains at all times with the Company. The Hirer has no right, title or interest in the hire goods.
4. The Hirer or Hirer´s Agent is responsible for any loss or damage to goods including any packaging supplied, from the time the goods are delivered to, or collected by, the Hirer´s agent until collected by, or returned to, Richardson Event Hire.
5. CARE OF HIRE GOODS
- It is the Hirer´s responsibility to ensure that the equipment whilst on hire is fully covered by his / her own insurance (“New for Old “) with regard to loss, theft, damage and public liability risks etc.
- The Hirer undertakes to ensure that no-one uses the equipment who is not instructed in its safe and proper operation and to ensure that every user is in possession of instructional material (if any) supplied by Richardson Event Hire and will not allow equipment to be misused or interfered with.
- Where the hire goods require fuel, oil and/or electricity the Hirer will ensure that the proper type and/or voltage is used.
- The Hirer will be responsible for all expenses, loss (including rental) and/or damage suffered by the company arising from any breakdown of the hire goods due to the Hirer’s negligence or misuse.
- The Hirer must not repair or attempt to repair the hire goods unless authorised to do so by the company.
- The Company shall have no liability for additional damage, loss, liability, claims, costs or expenses caused by the Hirer’s continued use of defective hire goods after a defect has become apparent.
- In the event that the hire goods include any furniture, the Hirer understands and agrees that such furniture is for indoor use only except where specifically noted by the Company. The Company reserves the right to make an additional charge in respect of any damage caused by weather or general outdoor use where it is not permitted.
6. DELIVERY AND COLLECTION CHARGES.
A charge will be made for this delivery/ collection according to distance travelled from our warehouse to the Hirer’s site, however, additional charges may be made for:
- Larger orders, delivery of heavy/large items such as ovens/furniture, where access is difficult or restricted or where additional staff and /or time is required on site. Please advise us in advance of site situations and details so that we may deliver and position equipment correctly.
- Deliveries and collections at specified times or outside normal operational hours (Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm)
- Orders or part orders not ready for collection at the agreed time
7. DELIVERY & COLLECTION
- Delivery is not guaranteed without a completed Delivery Questionnaire.
- Deliveries are from hard standing to main door, ground level entrance unless pre-arranged. Adequate vehicle access must be provided. Large items, in particular catering ovens, require level access and a width of at least 34″ (87cm). Please check your site situation when ordering and advise accordingly.
- The Hirer is responsible for checking goods upon delivery and shall notify Richardson Event Hire immediately by telephone of any discrepancies. Complaints made after return of goods will not be considered.
- The Hirer must be present to sign for deliveries. Deliveries to third parties or unoccupied premises are made entirely at the Hirer´s risk.
8. LOSSES / DAMAGES.
- Additional charges will be made for lost or damaged hire goods after the equipment has been checked by authorised staff at Richardson Event Hire’s premises. Substitute items will not be accepted. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to return lost items that are subsequently found.
- It is a condition of supply that in the absence of definite proof to the contrary, our count at our premises is final as to both quantity and condition of the goods.
- Any damage caused to linen items will be charged at the full replacement cost by the Company. This includes burnt, mildewed, torn or heavily stained cloths. Linen is susceptible to burns from cigarettes, table sparklers or candle wax; also staining from flower pollens, party streamers, biro/pens. If packed away wet it can become damaged by mildew.
- Deposits are paid to cover administration costs and holding charges. In the event of cancellation of a confirmed order deposits are non-refundable.
- Payment is due in full before delivery of the equipment, unless a trade account has been previously authorised by Richardson Event Hire. Late payment of trade accounts may incur an interest fee.
A washing up service of crockery, cutlery & glassware is included in the hire charge. All crockery and cutlery must be scraped free of food and glasses emptied. Linen hire prices include laundering. A charge may be levied where excessive cleaning is required.
11. CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
- All confirmed orders cancelled within thirty days of the function will be charged at the full confirmed price. For cancellations within sixty days of the function payment of 25% of the remaining confirmed price will become due. A cancellation is deemed as a complete termination of booking or a significant reduction in the specification.
- Confirmed orders may be postponed within the same calendar year subject to the Company’s availability. Charges may be made for postponements outside of the calendar year.
If you need to reach us, please use the Contact Us link on the home page.